Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Szechuan Marinated Grilled Green Beans

With it being so warm lately, I've been doing everything I can to avoid using the stove and oven and producing more heat in the house.  So tonight we tried grilled green beans.  My other half kept raving over them, so I'll take that to mean they were a success.
Approx. 1 lb of green beans, rinsed and ends trim. 
Place in a large zip lock bag for easy marinating.
Add to the bag:
2 tbsp olive oil (I was out of sesame seed oil, but I think that would work great)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tbsp Szechuan sauce, depending on how much heat you want (I used San-J brand which is pretty spicy)
1 clove of garlic, minced
Seal the bag and mix until beans are evenly coated.

Heat grill to a med-high heat.  We place the green beans in a grill basket so they didn't fall through the grate, but if you are careful, you may be able to place them directly on the grate.  They take about 10-12 minutes on the grill.




No comments:

Post a Comment